Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jasmine and Gardenia blooming

Posted by crueltyfre 9 (My Page) on
Wed, May 6, 09 at 13:40

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I know growing gardenia's and jasmine in my area is no big gardening feat, but I'm still pleased. My Confederate Jasmine and Star Jasmine are blooming big and so are my gardenia's.

My confederate covers the whole back fence-
Confederate Jasmine

This gardenia was planted here in 1984!
Photobucket

Here's my poor Night Blooming Jasmine. It was probably 15-20' high, it towered over the fence and was bigger than the arbor vitea in the background. After it froze, I (hopefully)cut it back to fence top but the limbs were dead. It's coming back now.
Poor Night Blooming Jasmine

tfl,
Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jasmine and Gardenia blooming

You having amazing plants there! That gardenia is of envy, so lush...
I suggest everyone get a Confederate Jasmine if they are having troubles with gardenias. The Confederate Jasmine is so easy to grow and you can forget to water it or overwater it. It doesn't seem fussy about soil or anything. But it will still reward one with so many fragrant flowers. It is a little like the scent of a gardenia.

o
RE: Jasmine and Gardenia blooming

Amazing!!!! No matter where they grow...

Great job and thanks for sharing. I can smell them from here...
Even if grown outdoors, you have to know what you are doing to grow them so well!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here