Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charlene_in_iowa

Honeysuckle help

charlene_in_iowa
18 years ago

I have purchased 2 honeysuckle plants that were already started. One of them had a bunch of new roots, the other really didn't have new but had the existing roots. I have had them in the ground now for about 2 1/2 weeks and there isn't any new growth. There were a couple of new green spots on the plants when I put them in the ground, but they now seem stagnant. I am curious to know if the plant right now is just growing it's root growth and won't begin to take off above ground for awhile. I understand these can be weed like so I felt there should be more signs that these will take off, like I want them to. Maybe I should note that I followed the directions on watering when I planted them and have not fertilized them. I also used a root hormone when I planted them hoping that would speed them up.

One of the plants is more rather a stick that has the new growth, the other has "branches" that don't have the new growth. On the 2nd one the new growth is coming from the bottom of the plant, just above ground. Should I prune this one back to the new growth? I may be over reacting. If that is the case please let me know that too :)

Thank you in advance for your thoughts on these!

Charlene

Comment (1)