Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fragrantgrower

Logee's annual survey

So I received Logee's survey through email today and what did I request? More fragrant plants...of course! :)

Didn't have my folder with all my wants but requested the following...even if I have some of these I couldn't get them through Logee's.

Epiphyllum 'Sonoma Sunrise'
E. 'Cooperi'
Phalaenopsis 'Ember'
Neofinetia falcata
Stemmadenia galeottiana
Chloranthus spicatus
Wrightia vietnamensis
Artabotrys hexapetalus
Hoya obscura
H. 'Sunrise'

I hope other people who receive the survey request more fragrant plants! :)

-Robert

Comments (16)

• fragrant2008
    10 years ago

H. 'Sunrise' that is the cross between Hoya lacunosa x OBSCURA ??
    I have just put a order in for one of them :) as well as
    Michelia rajaniana
    another Aglaia odorata (this one i will protect from the cold)
    and Arlabotrys hexapetalus
    Now its just a matter of waiting for them to be delivered :)
    just so wish i could find Chloranthus spicatus would really like to give that a try

• kemistry
    10 years ago

Lol fragrant2008.. i have chloranthus spicatus. You want cuttings?

I haven't done the survey yet but will soon. I really want rooted cuttings of michelia champaca and the regular cananga odorata.

• fragrant2008
    10 years ago

lol Kemistry if you are will to ship across the sea to a small little Island called England the hell yeah :) if not will just have to keep checking ebay ;)

• kemistry
    10 years ago

That's no problem. I sent the cuttings to Singapore before. The lady at the post office asked what was inside the envelope and I told her 'pictures'. I don't think she believed me that time. Lol. PM me your address ;)

• fenius
    10 years ago

Hey Frag, where did you find michelia rajaniana?? I got seeds from ebay some months ago but they didn't sprout :-((
    I'm also torn between artabotrys hex and siamensis...Do you guys know which smells better?
    And robert, I love your list! Is wrightia vietnamensis only smaller than religiosa or does it also smell better??And tell me if you find melodorum siamensis somewhere I could order from - not logees, that is :-((((

• fragrant2008
    10 years ago

Hi Fenius from one of my best finds on ebay a German grower who has a amazing selection of tropical plants and hoyas i could no longer find him on ebay but luckily i still had hes website you made need to translate it tho
    He has all the plants i listed and!!! Melodorum (Rauwenhoffia) siamensis ;)
    http://www.pflanzenkindergarten.de
    Hope that helps also he will not post any tropical plants out until June
    and going on what they say online artabotrys hex is the more fragrant "bearing extremely fragrant canary yellow or light green flowers" that why i went for that one :)

• fenius
    10 years ago

Oh, I don't know if it's the same person but check this:
    http://stores.ebay.de/pflanzenimversand?_trksid=p4340.l2563
    I contacted him last year and he had some of these as well as a red desmos but his shipping seemed too expensive..his plants look large though..Maybe I'll succumb this year! Do you place the order now or wait till June? Have you ordered from him again? & how were they?

• fragrant2008
    10 years ago

yes thats the same guy weird i can no longer find him thru uk ebay , yes i also found him a little expensive so i always try to order a few plants to make shipping cost more worth while
    i have ordered from him twice before and the plants were not the biggest but they arrived nice and healthy and with only 2 negatives out of 1724 he can not be that bad I have pre-ordered but since june is only 4weeks away ;)

• fenius
    10 years ago

I will order too then! I have to get a lot to even some of the 60⬠shipping cost though ..it seems he charges by the kilometers of distance!! I'm starting saving tomorrow!.. I had my mind on another hodnik order too but that'll wait till july..

• botaniphile
    10 years ago

I googled chloranthus spicatus and now I need one. What do the flowers smell like? Are they really as easy to grow as the Internet makes them out to be?

I haven't ordered anything from logees yet so I don't have the survey :(.

• kemistry
    10 years ago

fragrant2008, you don't have your email set up so I'm not able to reply back to your email. I dropped off the mail today. It'll arrive within 10 days (?). When you receive the cuttings make sure you cover them up with a plastic bag or something similar for humidity. Put them under bright, open shade. They will root within a month. Good luck!

• fragrant2008
    10 years ago

whey that just turned my bad day at work in to a good day :)
    many many thanks Kemistry :D to think all these chloranthus spicatus will be able to trace there parentage back to your plant ;) and sorry about the email i had no idea

• kemistry
    10 years ago

I did get a bit 'sneaky' with your cuttings. I hope they will arrive safely. Keep me updated! ;)

• fragrant2008
    10 years ago

Nice got home from work today and had a little package waiting for me my very own chloranthus spicatus :D all are still green and were very well packed many thanks kemistry Now to hopefully get them to take root! i read online a few people have had good success just placing them straight into water until they root a bit like cestrum but since there is more then one i guess i can try both ways :)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They will root in water and you could also try a forsythe pot! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make a forsythe pot

• kemistry
    10 years ago

I like the forsythe pot method the most.. I also put the pot inside a dome to increase the humidity but water rooting is fine too. Whichever method you use will be okay because they are very easy to root. Good luck! : )