Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ahhhh the scents of spring! What are you 'sniffing' right now?

Posted by flowersandthings MidAtlantic 6/7 (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 05 at 18:00

I just couldn't help but share my joy at picking bouquets of gertrude jekyl violets and lilies of the valley and dianthus superbus.... (I'd usually have lilacs now but that's another story)..... hmmmm..... these are some terrific scents of spring! All I need now well one more scented spring plant I REALLY want is scented violets and I'll be set! My living room smells delicious! They smell lovely outdoors but since most windows are still shut - strangely cold may here!- I had to bring some to enjoy indoors (wind up using alot! of fragrants in bouquets!) What is scenting your garden or living room right now? :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ahhhh the scents of spring! What are you 'sniffing' right now

Sorry I meant gertrude jekyl roses of course:)

o

Wild honeysuckle on one end of my garden in the sort of wild area. The honeysuckle scent is intoxicating.

Petunias in hanging baskets in my veggie garden.

Rosemary and Lemon Balm when I come and go by them.

Good Gardening!

A

o

Lilacs! Have a smally bouquet in my office right now and they are wafting up a storm!

The wild honeysuckles are now starting to bloom and my own honeysuckles are still budded up waiting for some warmth to burst open. Also have sweet alyssum blooming that is actually great for fragrance when the temperatures are cool like they have been around here.

o

gardenia, rose, nicotiana, asian privet and honeysuckle(hate these two plants, like the fragrances).
rhododendron viscosum will be noticeable soon.

o

Oh I am so envious of those who can grow gardenias!

I have lily-of-the-valley, lilacs, dianthus. I bought a white heliotrope which I sniff many times a day (I'm waiting for my purple heliotrope to bloom, which I started from seed.)

My scented violets, which bloom in early spring, are on their second round of sparse bloom. They are so worth growing! I have queen Charlotte.

o

Lilac was done over a month ago for me, currently:
Dianthus/Carnations
Honeysuckle
Datura setting buds, will open over the weekend I hope!

o

Michelia alba
Gardenia
Lakeview jasmine
Alyosia virgata
Nicotiana

I had honeysuckle at my old house It bloomed year round. I sure do miss it.

I recently placed another order for a few more fragrants plants. They won't be here for another month because they are soo busy. But I still check my door step just incase they ship them sooner then expected. I am sure I am just dreaming that they will come soon.
Ariel

o

My last bloom of M. Skinneria was yesterday before the rain :( But the Wild & Hall's Honeysuckle are still blooming, my little Daisy Gardenia is especially wafting.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/violabird/Misc/00e2389b.jpg[/IMG]

o

Honeysucker: It is a huge one in natural setting. The root is hidden in slope down shade and the vines cling on trees. It is about 6-8 feet wide and 15-18 feet tall. The fragrance like waves to hit my face if there is a gentle breeze.

Gardenia: A single, star like with reticulated petals is native of Taiwan. It is set in green house which may induce the early flowering.

By the way it is just in Summer now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here