Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone growing this jasmine?

Posted by butterfly4u 8 (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 12 at 18:04

Hi all!
last fall I bought this jasmine that is suppose to get tiny white fragrant flowers and put it out in a small pot over the winter.
It is quite happy, doesn't grow real fast though, but good enough.
it is called "Snow in summer" jasmine.
Does anyone have this?
When does it bloom? It has been quite warm here for about a month and I was wondering if I should put some miracle grow on it or not.
Here's a pic
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
another one
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone growing this jasmine?

This is an ornamental Trachelospermum jasminoides cultivar from Japan. They're valued for their ornamental foliage rather than the flowers and from what I've read are not very floriferous compared to the common green-leafed/white flower Trachelospermum jasminoides (also known as Star Jasmine). I don't think fertilizer would help for yours as it's probably a genetic factor that makes it less inclined to bloom, but it wouldn't hurt to try, just don't over do it of course.

The common star jasmine can be found for under $5/gal from some big box stores. It can grow very fast once established and flowers from March to late Summer if I remember correctly. I love the smell and it's one of those common landscape plants here in So. California that I'm glad is overused. This is a good wafter too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here