Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mandevilla laxa at Longs in Oakland

Posted by Phlox Z9/Sunset14CA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 05 at 1:57

Long's Drug store at Broadway and 51st in Oakland has an extraordinary nursery section. They have gallon Mandevilla laxa (Chilean jasmine) for $7.99 as well as fragrant heliotrope, plumeria, bergamot and bouquet de fleur citrus and many other plants. The M. laxa is fragrant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mandevilla laxa at Longs in Oakland

I bought one last year. It is a vine with about many one inch eye-catching white flowers. The fragrance is pleasant.

I live on the other side of Oakland hill. During the Winter, all the leaves dropped. Now new leaves are back. The small plant produced many long seed pods. The seeds are small. I am not sure the seeds are viable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here