Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

You have got to see these pics!!

meyermike_1micha
14 years ago

Look at what almost 25 days of drizzle and a cool temps can produce! This flower smells soooo good and is twice the normal size. I just wish I could remember the name of it. It smells like no other gardenia

The two bottom pics are my August Beauty. I wish I could keep them out all year..

Comments (7)

• gootziecat
    14 years ago

Gorgeous. I wish my thumb was that green! Thanks for sharing.

Sande

• beetle_2007
    14 years ago

I can almost smell them!! Gorgeous Gardenia, and that Clivia in the background.....NICE!!!!!

• yellowthumb
    14 years ago

Hi Mike,

You got your skills and my respect. Your plants are looking the best they can be.

You said the weather is drizzle, how much rain fall you had in the last month. I am experiencing similar problem now. We are having showers, not drizzle, every day since last two days and the remaining week. How are you dealing with too much water in container issue?

Thanks

YT

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much everyone...

I don't even know how much longer my poor plants can take of this weather, let alone me..

It has rained 8 inches since I posted, 6 of them within just the last 2 days!! Now we are getting floods, my grass is turning to mold,slugs are eating up all my lettuce, and the ducks have found a home in my backyard!

Good catch beetle. Do you have clivia too...I LOVE them. Most have flowered for me this year, including my variegated and yellow ones..

Since I posted this, the sun has not been out here along the coast, and in fact it has been cloudy, I mean NO sun at all for more than 80% of June covered, and now July doing the same thing. Temps averaging in the 58 degrees range day and night.

Does anyone have any room in your place for a brilliant young man looking for a sunny warm place in the south...?Plants included..lol

Please band together and pray for the sun to come out for me. This is the worst summer on record, while Ireland is having record heat waves...That is where our weather went..
    At least my plants seem to be ok...:-)

Mike

• birdsnblooms
    14 years ago

Mike, your plants are incredible!! Your Gardenias and Clivia are doing fantastic, rain or no rain..I think cool temps promote Gardenia flowers..
    I love your tree gardenia..where did you find it? I want one..lol..I have a small tree denia, but the trunk is short..Do you know a place that sells trees with taller trunks?
    Anyway, your plants are doing great..I love them.
    When did your Clivia start blooming? I doubt mine blooms this year since it was repotted last year..when I repot the year before, it doesn't flower the next.
    Could your one gardenia be Mystery?

What are the plants to the right? Toni

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Aw thanks yall!!!!!

Coming from you guys, it means alot.
    Toni, thanks for your comments too!!!Means alot!

You got it toni! It is longer a mystery..It is a mystery gardenia..Lol

Boy, funny, you're not the only one that noticed the Clivia..We definately have some pretty smart observant members here,,,Nice!

That starting blooming the begining of June..Crazy ha.

yellowthumb, you were suppose to call me so I could explain...?

Well, now that the sun is out full force, the plants are turning a lighter green, but the flowers seem very happy...Now I see the connection...:-)

Thanks everyone!!

• birdsnblooms
    14 years ago

Mike, when it comes to plant pics, how can any true plant lover miss a plant? lol
    It's like the puzzle, 'Fine the Picture.' or whatever they're now called.

As of 4-5 days ago, my tree Gardenia sent out two flowers..I'm sooo happy. Though with I could find a tall Gardenia standard, with a large trunk. I assume cool nights and a lot of rain is the reason it bloomed. Usually when temps are hot and days sunny, nothing happens.
    One thing that baffles me is both flowers are on one side..the side that's fairly shady..it hasn't been rotated..very strange. What do you make of it? Toni