Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

My first online orders!!

No-Clue
10 years ago

From Logee's

1. Maxillaria Tenuifolia (Coconut Orchid)
2. Rauwenffia Siamensis (thanks to Robert I called it in and I think I got one?). I guess I will find out next week.

From Almost Eden

1. Belle of India
2. Fudingzhu Sweet Olive (Nanjing Beauty Sweet)

These are very tiny but so cheap to let's hope I don't kill them! I find that I do a lot better with more mature and bigger plants.

Thank you everyone for sharing your sources!

Comments (9)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Yay! One of us! One of us! Laugh.

How about Mari's Song orchid on eBay? ;)

-Robert

Here is a link that might be useful: Mari's Song orchid on eBay

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What Mari's Song Orchid on Ebay? I don't know anything about Mari's song! LOL...

Remember I have two beautiful pots I bought for the orchids to go under my covered patio? Well I have one orchid now (well soon) so I need one more. Do you have that one and you like?

10 years ago

You are too funny with the having of pots and got to get orchids for them. Laugh.
    Nope. Don't have the coconut one nor Mari's Song. Just read that Mari's Song has a great scent and is easy to grow which is always plusses in my book! :)

-Robert

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah I know... I kind of did things backwards this time huh? But in my defense these are very pretty pots! With the lids on the bottom too! You just wait and see. LOL

I'm soo excited about these little plants! Compare to what I had to pay for plumerias these are soooo cheap!! I mean my cheapest plumerias were no less than $40 with the most expensive being $150 per plant. Although the average is more like $60/plant. So I can buy a lot of other plants if I don't buy anymore plumerias.

If you like strong perfume fragrant you need to get JJ's Scentsational!

10 years ago

I might have JJ's Scentsational (got it off eBay so who knows!). Guess I'll find out when it blooms.
    Funny cuz I smelled Scentsational in the greenhouse at Southwood here in Tulsa and I didn't care for the scent.
    It was strongly scented but not sweetly scented but I might change my mind smelling it outside. :)

Post pics when you finally find the right orchids for your pots!

-Robert

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

Noticed a link to Kawamoto Orchids on eBay. I've ordered from them before and am very happy with what I got.

The Potinara Cloud's Creek 'Heavenly Scent' they sent me was nice and healthy. The scent is kinda like lemon grass, which I find it almost like Froot Loops.

This post was edited by musaboru on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 19:42

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Logee's shipped my plants!!

Hopefully I will get them by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!!

So excited! If this turned out good I will have to buy more. LOL

• roseyd
    10 years ago

where do people find nice pots? I need to find another orchid pot ... I just received the Siam Jade last night.

Very full little pot, lots of leaves, but no flowers (yet).

where do most people shop for unusual pots? I'm tired of the lack of variety found at home-depot.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh I just bought mine from Armstrong. I think they are nice but you all might not.

My Orchid should be here by the end of the week... so once I repot I will post a pic.