Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My God..I couldn't wait to share with my friends here! MIchelia !

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 12:18

I finally got a new Michelia Alba and it is the best shaped anything I have ever bought from anyone at any place!!

I expeceted a twig, really, or even a joke of a grafted tree, tiny you know?

Well the one I received is one of the best shaped ones with two flower buds already on it...My goodness, I never would of thought for a measly 45 dollars!!!

Ok, I couldn't wait to let you all know and this morning I alreay potted it up into a 5.1.1 mix with pumice and lime and I am thrilled to see it sitting under my tree in a nice looking pot..

Would you like me to share pics? I will, as soon as I can bet my but out of this workplace...

Thanks to the vendor and my friends for stopping by.

By the way, after having to almost cut my other right back to the graft live, I am see new signs of life..Maybe I'll have two if it makes a good comeback..

MIke

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My God..I couldn't wait to share with my friends here! MIchel

Hi Mike, can you please tell me where you got it? I want a good size one and that is a good price. I grew up in Louisiana and we had several michelias in the yard. The banana one was right outside my bedroom window, what a great scent! I am determined to get several of them for my current home in the north Houston area.
Do you have a picture?

o

Yay Mike, good to hear it arrived for you in tip top condition. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

:) Dar

o

Congrats Mike. I love 9greenbox too; their plants are huge.The only thing that I don't like (as much) is the clay soil that they grow their plants in; but heck, that's because i'm too spoiled by the 511 mix lol.

o

I can't wait to see your new beauty, Mike!!!

You guys are really going to twist my arm. :-) and buy one of these!!!

Summer present to myself? Right Mike? Instead of dinner.., new trees!!

Waiting for this beauty... I'm happy for you!!,

Kemistry.. I am ready to repot my " Chicken Feet". It's doing great!! Thank you again. Hopefully it will bloom for me. How are yours doing? Mike?

Take care,

Laura

o

Lol. You guys are funny. : ) You are welcome Laura. I love seeing your plumeria pictures on here.

This post was edited by kemistry on Mon, Jun 23, 14 at 0:16

o

Hi Mike!
Care to post pictures????

o

Thanks, Kemistry!!!

Mike.. OMG. I'm waiting so patiently until now!! Please.... I need to see this beauty... You are killing me with anticipation.. argh!! ;-)

Please........ Post pics!!!

;-)

Laura

o

Laura//HUGS!

Ok, let me see if I can get my camera tomorrow and do so..Its gorgeous!!

Savvy..Welcome back!

Thank you Kemistry, Musa, Raven!!

Laura..Much love your way..

MIke

o

Mike,

I have bought three new michelia albas since the last time I was here. The two before died on me. I can't wait to see your new one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here