Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
you know you have a problem when...

Posted by robert1971 6b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 11 at 13:57

You can't remember all the plants you recently ordered online! :P
It took me forever to recall that I ordered Sinningia tubiflora (hardy gloxinia) from Pepper's Greenhouses while driving around today. I could remember the Hedychium coronarium (butterfly ginger) from Zone 9 Tropicals and today's purchase of Epiphyllum anguliger (ric rac orchid cactus) from Almost Eden but I knew there was one more.
Thank goodness I'm thinning my herd of the scents that I don't care for or I'd have hundreds of pots!
Maybe I should join an addicted to fragrant plants group? :)

-r

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: you know you have a problem when...

Every time I go anywhere I look up the nearest Green house and or stop at every plant stand and buy a plant, then when I get to my garden I am at a lost to were to put the new plant!

-The Garden Pooter!

o

Sounds like you both have a very bad case of plant buyosis. I've been doing very well lately avoiding buying new plants, but in the past when I saw any fragrant plant that I didn't have, a kind of fever would set in and I could not relax until I had acquired the plant.

o

Okay, sambacmouse. How did you cure yourself of this devilish fever? :)
I tried to get rid of plants last night before my new ones come in but my partner protested so now my cup runneth over.

-r

o

Lol, my greenhouse is overflowing and I physically can't find any space in the garden certainly helps.
I made a list of what I really want and stick to it. The plants on my list are not easily available to me where I am, so that certainly is a factor.
Lastly I can live vicariously through members of this forum.
How about one of these Robert? http://www.logees.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R2334-2

o

Ack.. I'm eyeing that, too! ;)

o

Ha! I think many of us have been eyeing the Randia ruziana...especially after Logee's description of how intense the scent is. Thank god it blooms during the winter or I'd have already ordered one (I've no greenhouse and limited window space). The little space I have indoors will have to house 3 brunfelsias, 2 brassavolas, 1 tiny Aglaia odorata and the Ric Rac cactus when it finally comes! :)

-r

o

Lol. Here's a quick update. My order from Logee arrived today:

Randia on the left, Aglaia on the right

o

I'm impressed! They're both larger than I thought they'd be and they look healthy. Let us know how the Randia smells when it blooms! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here