Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jasmine obsession

Posted by teka2rjleffel z10FL (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 23, 06 at 14:10

Living in Florida, of course I have some jasmine plants. It is required after all. At a recent plant swap I got two new ones. They are so wonderful, now I want every jasmine out there. Any suggestions on where to purchase unusual ones or anyone interested in trading rooted cuttings? I have six that I can think of right now.
Thanks,
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jasmine obsession

Hi Nancy - Which Jasmine did you get? I like jasmine too.

Kasie

o

Kasie,
I got Grand Duke, Maid of Orleans and Belle of India. I also have night blooming jasmine, day blooming jasmine, Lakeview (orange) jasmine, confederate jasmine and another gorgeous Sambac, but I'm not sure which one it is. I've had it for a while.
Nancy

o

Great selections Nancy!

Kasie

o

• Posted by jimshy z7 Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 26, 06 at 12:54

There are a number of Florida nurseries that carry unusual jasmine varieties, including one that cannot be named here (initials are "TT") and gardino, both on the web. Kartuz in california has a good selection, though not all are available at any one time.

I currently grow 5 "jasmine" type plants, and I'm still looking for a true jasminum odoratissimum with decent fragrance, so I share the obsession!

o

Yes, TT is where I got all of my Jasminum Sambac. I think I have all varieties of this plant.

o

HI Nancy,
Which of your Jasmine is the most highly fragrant?

o

I have maid of orlean but I don't think it is big enuf to really smell from a distance. My night blooming is unbelievable!! Just a few flowers and I can smell when I open window to courtyard....don't want that one to get too big...will be too much! I also have babies of the pink (winter) which was too small to bloom last winter and another one...will have to find which one it is. Also have a jasmine out fron that is grown all over California...very common but don't know name?? Want to get more, too!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here