Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gardenia flowers don't last

Posted by chas045 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 15:41

I planted several gardenias 3 or 4 years ago. They are growing very well and all flower profusely. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention in previous years, but this year with at least two types, the flowers have only lasted two or three days before turning brown. I have been having a similar reaction with an azaela that I was told was a nasty fungus. The gardenias are not near that azalea but I am wondering if they might have a similar problem. How long are gardenia flowers supposed to last?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gardenia flowers don't last

Mine, on several different varieties, last only a couple of days on healthy plants with no fungus or pests. I think yours are ok.

o

Normal

o

Thanks for your feedback. buyorsell: see you over in ponds.

o

Ponds? I just created one. I just might take a gander!

Mike

o

Awww, your first pond. :) I have over a dozen now including container ponds. They are sooooo addictive.

o
Postscript.....

Some waterlilies are very fragrant, lotus are too and some foliage plants like Acoris (sweetflag) are fragrant when brushed or crushed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here