Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cananga odorata in containers?

Posted by jimshy z7 Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 6, 06 at 15:54

I've been considering ylang-ylang again . . .

Haven't tried one before, because of space limits indoors, and because the dwarf forms of ylang-ylang seem to be much less fragrant.

Anyone growing the true species in a container and getting good flowering? How big a pot? How tall a plant? How crazy am I to try to overwinter it indoors?

(Don't answer the crazy part, I already know the answer ;>)

Thanks for your experience and advice!

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cananga odorata in containers?

I am very sorry that I can't answer your question, but at least I can tell you my experience.

I have regular one and dwarf one. Actually I found the dwarf one is a great bloomer, blooming all the time with great fragrance. The regular one I keep it in a 10 gallon pot, happy like a pie in my hot sunroom. Almost 5 feet tall with 1 inch trunck, great foliage, very compact. But unfortunately no bloom yet. Maybe I ferted with too much ntrogen. I will let you guys know once it's about to flower, going to be a scene in chilly cold Ottawa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here