Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cynjrana

Orange jasmine arriving tomorrow!!!

cynjrana
9 years ago

I ordered my orange jasmine two weeks ago, and it's finally getting delivered tomorrow... Yayyyy!!!

So excited!!!

I ordered it from logees, and I ordered the smaller pot, kind of curious to see what size the plant will be.

Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated!

Cynthia

Comments (13)

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

Cynthia, this is a very easy plant just as long as you give it the basics. It likes sun, water, and warm temps. Its cold hardy to at least 30F in my zone, not sure it it can handle any colder.

They have quite a root system, so I would say give it a pot at least larger than 2 gallons. It doesnt seem to be picky about soil just keep it moist but fast draining as with most plants.

Good luck! Also they are quite easy to grow seed, but may take a couple months to sprout. So save those seeds if you want more plants.

• cynjrana
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for the reply. Can I use regular potting mix like miracle grow? I just got it a couple of hours ago and its literally 5 inches tall and has 3 buds on them.

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

Sure Miracle Gro would do. Its not the best mix but you can make it work. Just watch the watering, since its a mostly peat based mix, it is likely to stay soggy. I would mitigate this by potting in an unglazed terra cotta pot if you tend to over water plants. This will allow the excess moisture to wick out and vaporate quicker than in a plastic or glazed pot. Keep moist to the touch but not soggy.

• cynjrana
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Musaboru,

Thank you, If you can recommend a soil type that would be so much easier for me. Ive been trying to do the search for orange jasmine take care know hows, and it comes up incomplete.

• savy4
    9 years ago

Cynthia,

Can you post picture of the orange jasmine plant? Because I was thinking about ordering one too. But I don't know how big. I had ordered some seeds on ebay for about 5 seeds and now 1 had sprout and 1 more barely peek out of the soil. It takes a long time for it to grow and sometimes I just wanna say what the heck just order me a plant.

• kemistry
    9 years ago

I adore orange jasmine! I couldn't provide it with enough sunlight so I had to give it away.

Here were some pictures of my orange jasmine grown rom seed:

{{gwi:799968}}

{{gwi:799970}}

{{gwi:799972}}

Now I want to try it again. Lol. A mature orange jasmine will look like a miniature tree, very nice form.

• chubite
    9 years ago

Um...kem.. I thought you ran out of space now..lol

• kemistry
    9 years ago

That's the problem chubite; whenever i see a cute plant .. I want it!! :D

• fenius
    9 years ago

Hey Kem!
    Is it a special variety that blooms so young? Can I look for these seeds somewhere specific?
    I had one for a couple of years then threw it away because it had a serious scale infestation but it never bloomed...

• kemistry
    9 years ago

Hey fenius! Yes, you should look for the dwarf variety of the orange jasmine. The regular kind will take years (maybe 3?) for it to bloom if grown from seed.

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

Oh Kem that is the cutest plant ever!

• fenius
    9 years ago

thanks kem, I'll try it!!

• savy4
    9 years ago

Cynthia,

I had ordered an orange jasmine from logees too. I can't wait to see it.