Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersandthings

Jaded flower/scent tastes?

flowersandthings
18 years ago

Hi have some people's flower scent tastes become too "jaded"? (for lack of a better word)..... I've heard people say they don't like the rich voluptous scent of tuberose because it "was like an old lady's perfume". But love the scent of moonflower which to me resembles Tommy Hilfiger. Do you think that people's affinity for modern perfumes (which I sometimes like ON MYSELF) have affected their taste in flower scents? It's like with some people if they wouldn't wear it they don't want to smell it in a flower. Both of which (wearing and smelling/in garden) are two different things to me. I planted acidanthera on its rave fragrance reviews and although its nice it has that scent of moonflower. Not that fantastic. Someone said they like moonflower and similar scents because they are clean....? Clean? If I wanted "clean" I'd take a bath/shower or smell some soap or if in the garden stand near the clothes dryer vent. What's wrong with rich / voluptous and floral in a FLOWER? It is a FLOWER after all. What do you think? :)

Comments (5)