Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wondering About Gardenia

Posted by winterwren z7NC (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 0:47

I wonder if anyone has heard of a Vaca Valley gardenia? The Home Depot here has a number for sale,and the label claims they are winter hardy. However,I can find no information online about them!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wondering About Gardenia

Well, I sure am drawing a blank with this one. Does it has an identification tag on it? Does the tag give a specific name?
Curious minds would really like to know. lol

o

Plant grower loves to make a name for a plant with any possible reason. I have many kinds of gardenia in pots. I do not pay much attention to them yet they bloom nicely in my yard under 50% shade and arround sprinkle. Petals arrangement in one circle is single form flower. Then Some cultivars have three layers of circles which looks like rose form flower.

If the plant was originated at middle region of China( Yangtze River), which will be more hardy to stand moderate snow. If the plant was originated from southern China including Taiwan Province, it will not stand freezing condition.

o

Nurseries are always looking for the best, to offer their customers, I was watching Rebecca's Garden show, and they were talking about how they are making the plants more resistant and way better

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here