Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone growing datura inoxia?

Posted by tepelus z5 ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 07 at 9:46

I'm asking because I would like to get some seeds from someone who is growing it this year so I can start some for my garden next year. I'm still waiting to see if the three year old seeds I got from a friend will sprout, but if not I would really like to have some for next year. What I want are the plain, big white flowering variety that face up and open at night, nothing fancy. If you have brugmansia, that would be cool too, but I only want the datura.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone growing datura inoxia?

Tep, I have datura growing in my garden..don't know if it's the inoxia though..but your description fits those I have..If my daturas seed you're welcome to some..
They grow upwards, as bushes, w/large white flowers that open at night and cloudy days. Keep in touch..Toni

o

Sounds like what i'm looking for. i planted some old seeds i got from a friend in hopes that they will sprout, been two weeks and nothing yet. i'll give them another week or two and if nothing then i know the seeds are bad. I'll try to send you an email, dunno if the email link will work or not, have yet to try it out, then we can keep in touch so when and if your datura seed, you can send me some. thanks for the reply! Karen

o
african violets

BTW.....was looking through your photo album of your house plants, i really like the green and white variegated african violets, even when not if flower, very pretty! ;)

o

Tep, thanks..I got them at the Violet Barn..I have to move back in their window..they normally bloom 10 months out of the yr, but last year I moved plants around, setting C&S's in front of that window..now the only real sun AV's are getting in under artifical lighting and some indirect sun..Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here