Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
scent lingering in the nose?

Posted by mehitabel z6 MO (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 11 at 12:05

This morning it seemed the scent of jasmines was stronger than it's been, and inside now a half hour later I can still smell it off and on. Anyone with knowledge of physiology--do those little scent moledcules stay in your nose for a while?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: scent lingering in the nose?

Well, I guess no one knows, so I'll bump this down. Anyway, it hasn't happened again, but I am curious whether this has happened to other people.

o

Hi, Happened to me yesterday... had this lingering smell of J.Molle on and off when I was doing some chores... later realized that it was on my fingers(I plucked few buds to put them in water earlier)...:-)

o

Mehitabel,

I also noticed that yesterday with my J.molle. I made a lei with the flowers and had it my family room but I can smell fragrance all the way in my kitchen and foyer area. This summer I find all the jasmines with strong fragrance than before.

o

Could it be the extra humidity? Mine are very very strong this year and only seem to be that way on very warm and humid days. When a front goes through and a drier airmass moves in, I don't enjoy the fragrance as so.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here