Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Year round fragrance

Posted by greenwood85 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 12:41

Are there are plants that are fragrant all year long? Or in the winter months?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Year round fragrance

Maid of Orleans Jasmine blooms year round..Flower scent remind me of citrus blooms.
www.accentsforhomeandgarden.com sells Maids..they were 4.99, but don't know if prices increased. Plants are nice-sized, healthy and beautiful. I bought two, potted together, which made a compact plant..
Another is Murraya..Oh flowers smell heavenly.
If you have a lot of sun, citrus (especially Meyer's and Calamondin) bloom year round. Toni

o

Look thru the logees site. (www.logees.com) My Belle of India jasmine is an everbloomer, as well as the Four season gardenia.

o

• Posted by mare2 5bSt.Louis (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 2, 08 at 17:33

Toni and ctreynard named the ones that came to my mind first, but also aglaia odorata, rondeletia splendens and hoyas lacunosa and obscura (and a few other hoyas that aren't as good smelling or powerful). My passiflora 'Ruby Glow' blooms nicely all fall and winter. A few begonias, but the 'Tea Rose' one I had didn't do much for me (though I hear there's better). Oh, and some cyclamens. Also cestrum nocturnum, but mine hates being indoors. Tea olive, but I killed my potted one. I'm sure the orchid people will have some for you....

o

Good ideas. Will check into these.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here