Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Recommend an Indoor Jasmine

Posted by Valentin3 7A (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 13:17

Hi, I'd like to purchase a jasmine for my mother, who adores the flower for its scent.

It would be an indoor plant, but would need to be able to withstand temperatures from 60F (winter) - 80F (summer), give or take. The windows in my mother's house are west-facing, so the plant would only be able to get direct sunlight in the afternoon.

Naturally, the more fragrant, the better. Also, the longer blooming, the better.

Ideally, the plant would be easy to maintain, as my mother doesn't have much of a green thumb. Simple instructions (how much/when to water/fertilize) are best.

Lastly, please give recommendations where to purchase your recommended jasmine. (The cheaper, the better.)

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Recommend an Indoor Jasmine

• Posted by Tolip Tropical (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 3:37

Most plants can grow indoors but would usually go into a dormant state. ie they would remain alive but stop growing much.

Not sure if you can get them to flower in that state of dormancy.

But I may be wrong and would like to know too if there's one.

Others might like to chip in.

o

You(Your mother) should try with jasminum sambac.

o

Hi,

I grow for many years 2 jasmines indoor in the winter without any problems. Only water it as necessary when the soil is dry. I don't use any fertilizer. I my opinion, jasmine is tough when established.

o

Most of the jasmines grow well indoors. But making them flower inside is difficult. They need lots of sun, which most people with their blinds and curtains just dont give them.

o

Most of the jasmines grow well indoors. But making them flower inside is difficult. They need lots of sun, which most people with their blinds and curtains just dont give them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here