Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think I created a problem

Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 14:58

I found out how easy it is to root gardenia cuttings. Oh man this could be real real bad. Ya'll better take my pruners away. LOL
Process was pretty straight forward.
for those who are interested I took tip cuttings without flower buds about 6 inches long. removed all but the last 2 leaves. Dip into hormone and put in the pots. They then went into a clear tote in the house close to a window. Misted them a couple times day. I started them the last week in May and just the other day it was very obvious they had rooted. 4-5 weeks I would say.

These are just the common Gardenia. My plant I took them from has huge very fragrant flowers. its was just pruned to be a tree form at the nursery and the trunk is too thin to support the top.

mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think I created a problem

SWEET!!!

They look beautiful!! Great job, Mike!!!

Laura

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 11:45

Thanks Laura. the one you gave me is growing very good. It is next on the propagation list. LOL

mike

o

I'm sure you will have much success !!

It loves being in your care !!!

I am so happy for you!!! It all comes around, right? ;-)

Have a great holiday weekend!!!!

Laura

o

Fantastic work Mike!!

REALLY APPRECIATE YOU SHARING. Very kind of you.

Laura, the one you sent me has prime space in the yard. If you would like, I'll take a pic for you. Many hugs!

Mike

o

Yes, this is a really sweet problem!! Beautiful rootings and hope you have Gardenia fragrance all over your yard...

o

Hi Mike!!!

I would love to see your Gardenia!!! I'm sure it is doing well for you.. As is all of your trees!! ;-)

Hugs right back!!!

Been a busy summer already... How is yours?

Need to catch up!!!

Xo

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here