Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Finally friends.My Michelia Alba!

meyermike_1micha
9 years ago

Hello, it's been a while since I have been able to take a pic and I wanted to share it with you all..

I know that Laura and others wanted to know what it looked like so here you go)

It's a wonderful size and it already had a few buds, but they fell off because of shipment..
The leaves are also light green but getting darker as it starts to take off now..It seems to be thriving as I already have new growth on it.
I will keep you posted on it's progress for sure..Thanks for looking

MIke

Comments (18)

• true_blue
    9 years ago

Lovely healthy green leaves Mike. Keep us posted, when it flowers :-)

Love the pond....

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

It looks good. By the way Mike, your backyard is gorgeous! I dream of stuff like that. :)

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi True..Thank you..Building that pond was worth the investment I'll tell you..Less than 300 dollars..

To hear the sound of water falling and frogs croaking makes me feel like I am in the woods..So I built more.lol
    IKt's in a small space on the side of the house so Mom can sit back there and read books.

Musa..Thank you..Easy to build..Take a little time but think of every fragrant perennial you can think of and then arrange them so they flower at different times of the year..You never get bored..If I lived near you, I would help you create one)

True, I am guessing that is the natural color of the tree..I am glad)

Mike

• savy4
    9 years ago

Thanks Mike for posting the pics. I really like your alba. It looks just like mine. I have about 6 buds already now. I bought mine from Chicago. Where do you get yours from?

• ocelaris
    9 years ago

Ditto on the pics, looks lovely, What do you have your Michelia Alba in, is that 5-1-1 ? Looks like a nice plant, how large do they have to get before they start to flower?

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Savy..)

Thank you..I got mine from 9greenbox in Calif..He sends good plants I tell you.
    Let's see a pic of yours..I would love that. It's been a while.

Ocelaris..Yes, it is planted in the 5.1.1 mix. Strained very well..How did you know? Good eyes) Thanks
    They flower as soon as you buy them if grafted in many cases...If from seed, I thing a 3 to 5 years...

MIke

• User
    9 years ago

Mike,
    What a nice sized plant! Now that's a beauty.
    I'm glad you are pleased with it.
    I hope you get more blooms on it soon,
    the summer isn't over yet, and there is plenty of time.
    Good Luck with it!

• flowers_galore
    9 years ago

Mike, you will enjoy it no doubt. Mine is in bud again. 3rd time this year..

Here is a clip of mine, and you can have an idea as to how much it can grow once it takes of..

Here is a link that might be useful: Fully grown tree...

• newgen
    9 years ago

Congrats Mike,
    Love M. alba. I have 2, the fragrance is just divine. Good luck with yours, it looks very healthy.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Hi Mike!!

What a beauty!!! Just love this one even though I still haven't ordered one. Another member here is helping me push myself to order one. Just came home from vacation in California on a plumeria tour... Needless to say, some jumped into a fed ex box and sent themselves home! What was I to do? Lol.. I even intercepted the fed ex man.. Diverted hubby too!! Ahhhh they are all potted up and staked !! I'm stoked! Loll

Your yard looks so peaceful, ahhhhh. That's what we strive for. You have it, mike!!!!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. Quite lovely!!

Say hi to sissy!!! Lots of hugs to you both!!! ;-)

Laura

• wanna_run_faster
    9 years ago

This is my Michelia Alba that I left behind when I moved. The fragrance and the tree was beautiful, definitely one of my favorite plants of all times. The tree grew from 3 gallon pot to over 25 feet in the ground in less then 2 years. I'll see if I have a picture of the tree height.

• wanna_run_faster
    9 years ago

Here's a picture of the tree in the landscape, about 1 years after planting.

• User
    9 years ago

wanna,
    WOW! It grew that big in one year?
    It's a fast grower? That's more than fast, that's unbelievable!
    Wish I could plant one on my front yard.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Wow!!!

Speechless.....

Laura

• true_blue
    9 years ago

Wow, that's amazing!

• savy4
    9 years ago

Wow!!!!

It grows fast.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey everyone...I just wanted to opologize for my lack of appearence...My Mom has been sick and needed surgery which took up a lot of time..

I will be back to have a good read and to thank everyone for their kind words and pics..

MIke

• true_blue
    9 years ago

Sorry Mike to hear that. I hope she's better and so you are.