Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dizzy99

Jasmine Plant not doing well help pls!

dizzy99
10 years ago

Hi everyone, first posting here. I'm horrific with gardening/plants, etc but I got my wife this jasmine plant back on mothers day cause it was her first mothers day (well she found out she was preg a week or so before that) so I want to keep this thing alive. I've attached pics and the leaves are yellowing and the leaves overall look "weak".

The leaves were nice and popping up and green and the little "arms" sticking out were usually facing up and were relatively new in terms of growing since I bought the plant in May. I've read these forums off/on and know you don't want to water these too often so I think I've generally avoided that but I think I recently did water it a bit too much,

I had a case of those mealy bugs, I used rubbing alcohol to get rid of them and then I showered the plant but they look like they are coming back. I ordered some insecticidal soap and I also have some fungicide spray safe for plants.

However, I was wondering what I am doing wrong with this plant. Why are there no flowers yet? Do I need to repot this in something bigger? This plant came in this pot in the picture and was not much smaller than what I have now in terms of growth. Also, why do the leaves get slick, is that discharge from the mealy bugs?

Also, I live in CT, should the jasmine be outdoors, maybe on our porch, or indoors? Heat is fine but I worry that it doesnt get as much sun during the day as it would like.

Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions.

Comments (2)