Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grand Duke of Tuscany cresting flower

Posted by musaboru (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 18:49

I'm guessing this isn't exactly a rare occurence, but I've never seen it crest so much before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grand Duke of Tuscany cresting flower

Hi, musa. I have one that's been doing that a lot this year. I think it's the one from Almost Eden, but not sure (I lose tags).

I like the single carnation/rosebud flowers better, actually.

o

Abosutely beautiful!

I once had one that did that, and it gave me less flowers.

This year it did not do that and it gave me lots of flowers. Weird.

Thanks for sharing!

Mike

o

Wow! Looks great! I've only had 1 flower on my Grand duke so far this year. Can you tell me how often you fertilize it if at all? Mine seems to be very tiny and it has been outdoors in the sun for 2 months. Its not growing any more shoots and the couple it has are very tiny.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

o

GrnThum. They love two things: a good amount of summer time heat and sunlight. If you can provide these two factors all year round (let's say a through heat lamp and/or grow lights during winter) then they can flower almost all year round for you. Once they get going in the summer, they will continue flowering until the nights dip to around 35~40F IIRC.

I use time release fertilizer, sprinkle some Miracle every month or so and sometimes use seaweed extract to water with. But I think the main factors for getting them to produce flowers are heat and sunlight. Of course, a good potting mix will make them happy too.

o

Play some Bach to it, and visualize it flowering, talk to it and say how much you want it to flower, and it works!

o

Mersiepoo!!!!

Where have you been??? I have missed you! Write me will ya!

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here