Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardenia revival

Posted by levi_2006 NM (southwestimpressions@comcast.net) on
Thu, Jul 6, 06 at 21:46

I have been stabbing the soil of my gardenia with a wood dowel. It seems to have completely revived. At least once a week I have been doing this and little by little its snapped out of it's demise. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardenia revival

• Posted by jimshy z7 Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 10, 06 at 13:33

Uh, do tell us more -- is the gardenia in the ground or a container? How long have you been growing it? When did it start going downhill? It sounds like you've aerated the soil by poking it with the dowel, but it's hard to say what else might be happening!

Jim

o
RE: Gardenia revival

sure... ina container, two years, two weeks after purchase when i repotted. ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here