Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fancyorchid

Very few blooms on my Jasmine Polyanthus(Pink Jasmine)

ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
10 years ago

I had my jasmine for three years and was doing fine but this year, so far, I've only seen a couple of flowers ONCE and THAT"S IT !!! Last year it bloomed profusely for a couple of months. I use half strength of 20-20-20 at every watering. The foliage is thick and dark green, I gave it Epsom Salt a couple of times, at the beginning of spring as I did last year and at the same time this year.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it?
Annamaria

Comments (7)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Any time I have a plant that should be blooming but isn't, I give it some banana/banana peel. You can put it on the surface outside, if mashed it should disappear in a few days. Or use your blender and some water to make a slurry that won't harbor fruit flies if inside. If inside, when watering with that water, make sure nothing is left standing in a drip tray.

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you,"purpleinopp, I knew banana peels were good for plumerias but I didn't know I could use it as a slurry.
    Where can I find Jasminum Sambac(Mysore Mulli) ?
    Thanks again
    Annamaria

10 years ago

I'm sorry, IDK where you could get that plant (I have an in-person-only rule for buying plants.) Someone will probably pop in with a suggestion or two on that. You may find one in trade.

If you remember, please report about your results with the banana slurry. Sending good vibes!

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well...purpleinopp, I did put some banana peels in my Jasmine, I usually give it Epsom Salts once every 6 weeks,1TBLSP/!GALL., and alternate it with 20-20-20 1/2 tsp and 14 drops of SCHULTZ's 10-15-10 Plant Food Plus liquid fert., every time I water!!! I should say I have it still in the 3-4 gall. container that it came in when I purchased it. I should probably re-pot it in a bigger container, it has a lot of foliage, but it's trailing on my backyard fence and I'm afraid to "disturb It" or damage It during the process. Can you tell me if I could leave it THERE...or maybe ..should I prune It later? I'll be anxious to hear from you.
    Thankful
    Annamaria

10 years ago

Hmm... to do it without untangling/pruning, if there's a little bit of slack in the vines, you could pull the root part out of the pot and sit it on a lawn chair, little table, anything the right height, to remove some of the 'old dirt.' Then get the new dirt in the pot, replace the root ball in it. Having a helper might make that go a lot more smoothly. You might need someone to pull on the pot to get it off of the root ball. If it's the kind of plastic you can cut, it might be easier to just cut the old pot off.

Hopefully someone who knows when to prune a vine like that in your zone will come by.

• ordphien
    10 years ago

Mine didn't bloom that well this year either.
    I don't think my winter was cold enough this year for it.

• User
    10 years ago

Fancy,
    Your fertilizing your vine too much. Every time you water you are fertilizing it?
    Try once a month and see if it flowers for you.
    Your giving it too much nitrogen, which is making it grow foliage, it doesn't need that much, you will have all growth and no blooms.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA