Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Robert! Lookie!!

No-Clue
10 years ago

Hi friend,

I have been busy with my plumeria and I must admit I have been neglecting my other fragrant plants as of late. Well this evening I went outside for my last walk through and my nose picked up this incredible scent. I stood there head snapping back and forth like a woman possessed; leaning this way and that way following the direction of the wind, eyes narrowing trying to find that precious gem that was giving off this intoxicating scent. At first I thought it was my M Alba mixed in with my various blooming plumeria and Aglaia Odorata. But nope it was not! In fact I was smelling this!

{{gwi:803818}}

{{gwi:803819}}To give you an idea of how large Ylang Ylang flower is I put her next to my plumeria. She's next to Cherokee Geisha and Thailand red.

This one bloom wafts through the whole kitchen/family room filling the house with such sweetness. Reminds of me of pineapple, jack fruit and melon all rolled into one. Simply incredible!! Looks like I'm getting quite a few blooms from this one plant too. Tomorrow I'll go check on my second plant to see if there are any buds. For some reasons this plant produces much larger flowers (about 3.5- 4 inches across) where as my other Ylang Ylang produces much smaller flowers. What a pleasant surprise!! :) Totally made my night.

Take care,
Lynn

Comments (5)