Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Jasmine plant not doing well

Posted by roxannemoskal Z6 PA (roxxanne@comcast.net) on
Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 23:51

Just got it 2 weeks ago, it was sent with dirt around roots. I planted it but it looks wilted. I've tried more water, less water. Put it in a very shady place on my porch. Moved it around. Nothing seems to help. I've wanted one of these for a long time. What do I need to do??
Roxanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Jasmine plant not doing well

roxannemoskal - I also just bought a jasmine plant - unfortunately, I'm a bit lost on how to care for it. So, I don't think I'm in the position to help you out! lol

Mine was sent as a rooted plant. It was and still is in pretty good condition. The leaves are a bit on the yellow side, so I'm a bit worried because like you, I've wanted this one for a looong time. What kind of jasmine is yours? Mine is Wrightia Religiosa.

Hopefully we get help soon!

o

I have my sambac (Maid of Orleans) in peat/potting soil and it seems happy with that mix. I repotted about two weeks after I got it into a pot about 2" bigger than it came in and it took off like a shot. I find that on my enclosed porch (which has something of a greenhouse effect), it likes to be watered every day or it 'pouts' by wilting. It also enjoys being misted. I have not yet suceeded in overwatering it.
I hope this helps you some!

o

Mine usually need a month or so to adjust to their new home. I have 6 different kinds of jasmine and all of them need some sun. I had a nightblooming jasmine that i received through the mail lose several leaves after yellowing for about 5 weeks but then start putting out fresh new green ones. Maybe yours just needs some time.

o

Thanks! I actually just repotted my jasmine in peat potting soil because the old soil wasn't draining fast enough. It's doing well so far and is putting out new leaves!! I can't wait until it starts flowering again (it came with two tiny flowers).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here