Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My second flush of blooms. Yahoo! Duke pics

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Aug 20, 11 at 9:47

This is my very young Jasmine! It is putting out flowers for a second time this year!
It already bloomed in July and now again this month. Yahoo!
Photobucket

Photobucket

MIke:-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My second flush of blooms. Yahoo! Duke pics

Mike, great healthy looking GD plant, I can imagine the fragrance once they bloom. I see desert rose next to it, what do you feed them to get to bloom. I started with two of those and cannot get them to bloom, yet there is lot of green growth.

Kandhi

o

mine bloomed twice this year - then dropped some leaves. Must have been too much for it! It's resting in the shade now. I love the smell.....!! Enjoy!

RuthAnne

o

Beautiful, healthy GD. I just love the carnation/rose blooms against the shiny dark green leaves. Lovely!

o

Congratulations Mike. I just love, love the GD.
Kasie

o

Looks good. GD is my favorite jasmine, looks and scent. Mine perfumes the entire yard, especially in the evening. My only complaint is that it can get lanky so I occasionally cut it back and the cuttings are easy to root.

o

Hi Karyn1 - my complaint about GD is the same as yours. May I ask how you root them. I would love to do that and make more, more and more.

Kasie

o

Mike,

Yours looks much better than mine. Your flower buds are huge. Mine on the smaller side, but with a cluster of buds.

When I have time, I will take pictures. With a three year old boy, you don't have much.

o

I just take the cuttings, strip the lower foliage and any buds. I also cut any of the remaining larger leaves in half. I put them in soil (lightly moistened) so at least one leaf node is buried and put the container in a baggie. You might have to keep the baggie open much of the time so that too much condensation doesn't build up. Place them somewhere warm and out of direct sun. They root in 1 to 2 months. I've done this with and without rooting powder with the same results. I thought I'd posted this yesterday but don't see anything now. Weird.

o

Thank you Karyn. I will try your method.

Kasie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here