Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

The gardenia with no name....:-(

meyermike_1micha
14 years ago

I wish I knew this name of this one. All I know is that the fragrance is heavenly and some of the flowers open yellow, while others open white at the same time...

P.S I finally posted my pics under the thread " richie where are you/"

Rich, thinking of ya..:-)

Comments (5)

• birdsnblooms
    14 years ago

Mike..Wow..that flower looks true yellow..is it?
    The closest plant I found that resembles yours is, Tabernaemontana/Pinwheel Flower or Crepe Jasmine..
    Are flowers more fragrant at night?

Here's the link to the Pinwheel..

http://www.almostedenplants.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1205

Check out his gardenias, heck, all his plants..beautiful..

If the link doesn't work, go to almostedenplants, type in gardenias in the Search box. They've changed their site, so you'll have to look for Search. It's on the right side of the screen..scrool down.

Mike your plant is very pretty and interesting..What size is its pot?
    Take care of it..Ck to see if yours is the Pinwheel/Tab..LMK..Toni

• longriver
    14 years ago

There are many of single petal gardenias in China habitat. I have one which has narrow loner petals. Gardenia can set seeds and produces numerous seedlings. This type gardenia commonly called in China as " Bird's Tongue" gardenia.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thankyou everyone..I got this plant at logees over a year ago, and it never wants to get bigger. It just keeps giving me blossoms every month, even in winter.
    No complaints here though..lol
    Weird though at how slow it grows..

They stopped selling these..:-(. It was one of their last ones in stock at the time.
    Maybe they started selling them again after last year.

They smell so heavenly. Some bloom yellow, some white.
    The flowers have a buttery vanilla scent, very strange.

Hope you are all well....

• birdsnblooms
    14 years ago

Mike..Did you buy your Gardenia via the net or mail order?
    Call Logees..they are very helpful.
    Explain the situation..you can email them, send a pic, but they might not open an attachment fearing a virus.
    So, give them a call..Describe your gardenia..even its scent. lol.
    Give them your name, phone number, etc. They should have all the plants you've odered, via their computer..They had my history when I had a problem.
    By checking, they should have the name of this 'denia.
    It's worth a try.

Do they have a live operator on Logees site? If you dont want to call, they might have a live customer service rep option.

Did you check Almost Eden Plants site? They have a 'denia that can pass for yours..Toni

• jorjaboy
    14 years ago

This one sure looks like it to me but, they dont mention blooming in white. Shame about the hardiness limit. I would love to have a couple in the ground. Anybody know of a more cold hardy variety that blooms with such a deep golden color? Thanks
    Brandon

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenia coronata