Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not even in my dream

Posted by greendale 6B (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 15:56

That I expect my M. Alba will be flowering this year. I just got it this spring. But it is... Yahoo... Love the scent very sweet, as of you would think it is something that man made, it would not exist in the nature at all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not even in my dream

The flower.there is also another bud.

This post was edited by greendale on Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 16:02

o

did not expect these Amazon lily too. Very happy. Looks like my 'stop checking on them everyday' approach is working :)

o

Greendale,
Wow! A. Alba blooms young!
Congrats!
Thanks for sharing those great pics!
I hope it blooms twice for you and they last.

o

Congrats, geendale!

Awesome news on the second bud!

I bought mine earlier this summer. I hope I get a bloom too before I have to bring it inside. Our night temp is supposed to go down below 60 this weekend.

-Tina

o

Congrats Greendale! If i could only have one plant, it would be M. alba.

Tina, Just looked at the weather report, most of Southern California night time temps are still getting to as low as 60F (this is normal for us in the spring and early summer). We have no issues with M. alba blooming. Just as long as the day temps are up there around 80 or so.

This post was edited by musaboru on Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 15:49

o

Wowowowo..Spetacular!!!

I am so happy for you..The scent is hard to describe, right? Almost like a very ripe pear with a hint of something else..

Mine bloomed all over the place in the spring and is about to do it again after cutting it down at least a foot! I will share with you...

Mike

o

Thanks for all the good words, my dear friends. It is so fortunate that we all appreciate these plants and enjoy talking about. I am anxious waiting for the Amazon lily finally Posen its flower. Life is so good.
Cheers.

o

Congratulations!!

She is a beauty!!!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here