Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelsmell_gw

Anyone familiar withe the scent Neroli?

angelsmell
17 years ago

I just bought some shower gel yesterday at TJ Maxx, it was called Pure Neroli..... I just loved the scent, it was a beautiful fresh scent with a green flowery smell, that was the first time I ever saw anything with Neroli scent, I looked it up and found it is an Orange Tree a bitter orange,

here's the description: The plant description:

Seville or bitter orange is small evergreen tree up to 10 m high, with the dark green double glossy leaves , with the upper leaf much bigger. The fragrance of it's white flowers characterizes intense sweet-floral base and terpeney top note.

The three types of essential oils have been produced from the bitter orange plant: The oil expressed from the outer orange fruit peel(bitter orange), the oil produced by steam distillation of the leaves(petitgrain), and the oil produced by steam distillation of the fresh bitter orange flowers (neroli). Although from the same plant the oils are quite different by chemical composition, physical properties, manner of use and scope of application. For the aromatherapy use most important is oil from the flowers(neroli).

Is anyone familiar with this scent? I want to know if it's the same as the shower gel I bought?

Comments (4)