Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Gardenia found to be larger than the largest so far

Posted by snasxs 7-8 VA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 08 at 17:31

The flower-shape is nicely round and deep.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Gardenia found to be larger than the largest so far

I can almost smell it's sweetness!

o

I am very much impressed by the petal layers and numbers. Can you let us know how many petals and how many rows?

o

Snasnx..Wow, what a beauty..and like Greenchick, she took the words out of my mouth..it 'looks' so fragrant..Um
Do you know the type of Gardenia?

o

snasxs, I am curious also, what variety is your gardenia? Can you post a picture of the whole beautiful plant? It really is very pretty!!

o

fabulous!

o

• Posted by jimshy z7 Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 28, 08 at 19:25

Snasxs, that's just awesome! Flower shape and substance are superb -- what are the measurements, please?

And of course, is it less finicky than other gardenias? ;>)

Jim

o

Thanks Snasx...I just get out of the booby hatch, post my latest info on my gardenia..and you show this beautiful..LUSH...YUMMY looking HUGE gardenia flower!!

I feel a facial tic coming on... ;D

o

Oh, come on Mersie, receive the positive joy from me.

BTW, despite the size and petal-count, the center of this plant is completely preserved. It means that the petal-count can further increase after turning the stamens and style into petals.

o

I came across an amazingly large gardenia called 'First Love'. The flowers were around 5 inches and still super fragrant. Just FYI to those who might be looking for a large flower gardenia. The description on the tag claimed it to be THE largest of all gardenias.

Here is a link that might be useful: IMAGE

o

Now I have to add THIS to my wants list! Seeing as I haven't killed my Belmont yet. YET. 5 Inches...oh wow!!

o

Yup!

o

To compare with size, this one is not going to make it. It is at other end of scale. Only a few nice petals, small and elegant. However they share the same genetic trait. The fragrance, I know, should identical.

The original plant was in Taiwan. It was a very old plant, The trunk was estimated about 6 to 7 inches in diameter

Here is a link that might be useful: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/wangjohn666/BirdsTongueGardenia.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here