Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

One of my favorites smells HEAVENLY. Pic

meyermike_1micha
12 years ago

I just love this one. The wiff filled the air in yard this morning thanks to tons of humidity and a very happy plant! This was only 3 inches tall when I found it this past spring. Yum

Orange Jasmine (Murraya paniculata)

Comments (10)

• gardenscents
    12 years ago

I LOVE orange jasmine. They are prolific bloomers and make great hedges in Florida. Alas, not in SC but I've become insane about getting them to grow and bloom. Once they start - look out! It's a lifelong fix.

Enjoy!

And plant the seeds - they sprout rather easily.

• M.alba
    12 years ago

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing. May I ask how do you post a picture here?

Thanks,
    Melissa

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So do I Gardenscents! I have more than one I love them so much. Boy do I wish I was in Florida just about now!

Thanks a lot Melissa.

Can you upload to Photobucket? Let me know:-)

Mike

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    12 years ago

Hi Mike!
    Its dark and cold. I haven't really been able to tend to my plants out in the patio for several weeks now because the sun sets too early by the time I get home from work. This is making me depressed. But going through all the threads here and seeing pics like these cheer me up! Thanks

Dar

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Aw:

Dar, thanks for that! That is one of the reasons I come to this forum. It is to cheer people up and make them wish they too had a plant like mine which usually works:-)

Have a bright and sunny warm day if you can. The vernal equinox is less than a week away and then the days get lighter!

Mike

• gardenscents
    12 years ago

How's the murraya now, Mike? Mine is loaded with green berries and looks like it might bloom again soon. I also planted some seeds and they are up. How many murrayas do we need????

RuthAnne in SC

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh Ruth! lol

I just bought another one today that looks like it is going to make a nice tree! It is flowering too. My other one is flowering as we speak after flowering all summer. My other one, the third that is, is growing seeds.

Oh, I gave my 4th one away. lol

I will be back and take pictures for you tomorrow of my newbie and my others. Thanks for asking:-)

Mike

• kemistry
    12 years ago

Weird Mike.. my murraya doesn't want to bloom this year (usually it's loaded with flowers and seeds). I feed it 1/4 - 1/2 tsp weekly of Foliage Pro. Does it need less food? More? : )

• mersiepoo
    12 years ago

Hi MM! Happy New Year! Great pictures of your beauty!! Ya know, I have an arabian tea jasmine that wasn't doing diddly or squat for blooming for years! And so I started talking to it sweetly, petting its leaves, playing classical music for it, asking it if it would bloom for me, how I would be so happy if it did, sent it love and holy frijoles, it's blooming like crazy! It just finished a big cycle of blooming and I've told it I've got to trim it a wee bit so it doesn't get too huge. But, it's really listened to me! My gardenia put out a few blooms for me in the fall, but didn't like being brought inside in lower light conditions, sadly. The poor little bugger has some TEENY weeny flowers on it, but I guess I'm going to try to get it to bloom next year by bringing it inside earlier. It's still surviving pretty good (shhhhh!), I peed on it and it greened up right away too. If you haven't read it, try to get yourself a copy of the book "The Secret Life of Plants". I guarantee it will make you feel guilty next time you cut up a carrot or torture a potato in the oven! Also, my lemon has gotten two small lemons on it and also a bunch of flowers too. I'm hoping my blood orange gets enough chilling hours in our unheated attic this year.

thanks for sharing the lovely pictures of your babies! Happy 2012!!! :D
    mersie

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kemestry, I am so sorry I never saw you post! Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we forget to come back!
    Does you plant at least grow rapidly? Does it grow lots of green leaves? Has it been pushing more growth than usual without the flowers?

Merciepoo!!! What's happening????:-)

Look at your Gardenia go!!!! Yahoo.? Shesh you have changed! I thought the threat of hacking your plants up to death and threat of exposing them to sub-freezing temps would of done the trick..lol
    Yes, your Moro should do wonderful in there! Yes. You are really getting the hang of it. I am very proud of you.
    Have a told you that I have about 9 different gardenias of all sizes, shapes, and colors..?
    I have 5 of these Murrayas! I love them all and you are welcome. It is always a pleasure to see you around:-)

W