Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My gardenia likes when I give it 'golden showers'

Posted by mersiepoo 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 9:31

I finally figured it out, my gardenia is a masochist. It likes to be neglected and also to be peed on. It really greens up that way! I even got it to send up two flowers this year, and it's got another teeny bud on it now. So, don't be nice to them, pee on them instead!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My gardenia likes when I give it 'golden showers'

Oh my Mercie!!lol

Don't do that for fear you might get caught with your pants down.

I have something easier than that.

Just do an Indian dance for rain every other day since rains pH is perfect and they will do fine. It has worked for me. Now I can't get it to stop raining..lol
You should see how nice and green mine are now.

Mike

o
RE: My gardenia likes when I give it 'golden showers'

Hi MM!
My evil gardenia is greening up real well, it also helped green up my pineapple plants, jasmines, tomatoes, hyacinth beans, bamboos, tomatoes and basil. Only thing that didn't like it was the roses and lavender, turned the rose leaves brown!! I had a serious nitrogen deficiency in the potting soil hubs got this year, pee saved the beans, they were all completely mellow yellow! Also, my lemon, lime and orange tree likes it, though the orange tree I have to put a drainage hole in the bucket, it gets water logged and then is very unhappy with me! LOL!

Don't worry, our yard is pretty private! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here