Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Singing in the rain!! Tap verses rain

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (mikerno_1@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Sep 8, 11 at 9:37

Plants can take a thorough soaking for days on end, but they can not take drinking water as so!

THEY SING IN THE RAIN!

Take for instance Gardenia. If I water mine more than one day in a row with tap water, the leaves will YELLOW. But, if it rains and I mean pours for days on end, it can take that and stay a nice healthy green! NOT ONE YELLOW LEAF after 4 days of nonstop rain. It sings in the rain along with all my other unique and rare plants.

What does that tell you?

Either mother nature is know exactly what our precious plants like and the plants know that as they react with song, or tap water is a slow killer of all plants treated with all kinds of chemicals,salts, pH issues and toxins in which our plants despise and gag.

Perfect example after 3 days of over 6 inches of rain. Look how green and not one yellow leaf. If I water this tree just once more too much before the soil dries out, many leaves will yellow, especially on my Gardenia and Jasmines.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Singing in the rain!! Tap verses rain

great pics mike!

my gardenia is recovering from the heat we had and even has a few flower buds forming. Our temps are only in the 80's now with nights in the 50's so it should really start to look better.

Okie mike

o

Hey Mike!

Thanks Mike

It is good to hear your gardenia is doing much better. I know you were worried for a bit. What a weird summer. We never saw that heat and have been below normal as usual for weeks.

Mike

o

Mine are singing right now in a wonderful soft rain after many weeks of drought.

What I always noticed about soft summer rains was that buds and branches sprouted all over. Hoping this one will give some ideas to my Osmanthus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here