Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alice_in_texas

What's the best type of jasmine to plant for a hedge?

alice_in_texas
14 years ago

Hiya! ^_^ I've been a long-time lurker here, but a first time poster. I just got my own home, and can now plant my own garden. The front of my house looks gosh-awful, and I was thinking of planting a jasmine hedge against it to spruce it up a bit. What is the best kind of jasmine for that? I was thinking Star Jasmine (Jasminum multiflorum), since it should be evergreen where I am and my husband loves it. San Ramon, Ca (where we used to live) had the most beautiful Star Jasmine hedges planted everywhere. It was an incredible treat to drive around town with the windows down when the jasmine was in bloom.

Would Star Jasmine work? Or would any type of jasmine be too overpowering so close to the house during its blooming season? My mother was worried about that, and now she has me thinking about it, too. I could plant something else that looks good in between the jasmines so that I don't have quite as much. Does anything come to mind? Anything that smells nice (but not overpowering), and either stays evergreen or looks good when it's dormant would be great. Thank you so much for reading this, and for any help you might be able to give me! ^_^

Comments (3)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA