Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bugs in night blooming jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum)

Posted by nandakumar 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 11:52

Hi,

My night blooming jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum) has these bugs, probably mealy bugs and the photos were taken couple of weeks back and since then the bugs spread every where. Hope someone can point solutions to get rid of these bugs

photo IMG_2263_zpsa1ec066d.jpg

photo IMG_2265_zpsb2ca1805.jpg

This post was edited by nandakumar on Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 11:58

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bugs in night blooming jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum)

I would Use Rubbing alcohol spray

To make the spray, mix 1/2 to 1 cup of rubbing alcohol with 1 quart of water in a pump-spray bottle.

It’s a good idea to test spray one leaf of an infested plant and wait a day to check for damage. If the plant is unaffected, spray the whole plant. Use once every 3 days

I use this during winter. if the whole plant is affected best to use the spray. Sometimes, you see one or two, then dip cotton in the solution and swab the leaf/stem.

Good luck.

o
RE: Bugs in night blooming jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum)

thanks dl, will try your method and update the forum on the results.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here