Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary47_gw

Osmanthus booster

Mary47
11 years ago

I have been reading posts on this forum for some time, and wanted to thank the contributors for sharing. For me, the genus Osmanthus has been outstanding, with good appearances and fragrant blossoms, and no requirement for irrigation in my landscape once established, even in times of drought. The deer don't touch them! I have a mature specimen Osmanthus x fortunei that will perfume the entire yard soon, a screen of Osmanthus heterophyllus purpureus and Osmanthus americanus, and a small Osmanthus heterophyllus Goshiki. Thanks to this forum, I have a newly planted and blooming Osmanthus fragrans Fudingzhu from Camellia Forest Nursery. Lucky for me they are close by, and have supplied me with many successful fragrant plants over the years (I especially like Prunus mume, and Trachelospermum and Pittosporum selections, chosen when hardiness was more of an issue in our area).

Question for the experts: Which Brugmansia do you think is best to grow outside here in 7b, my microclimate closer to 8? I have "Snowbank" doing OK since being planted this spring, but it might not have been the ideal choice.

Comments (4)