Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ace1rush

Non-Invasive Honeysuckle for z4

ace1rush
17 years ago

Hi,

My neighbors here in south-eastern Wisconsin have what he called a honeysuckle bush. This is a new subdivision and the plant is about two years old. Each spring they cut it back to about 1 foot in height. In this growing season, it's reached a height of about 3 feet. Even in late September, it still had a few yellowish-white tubular flowers. Earlier in the year it had a very nice fragrance. Any ideas of what type of honeysuckle this was? They purchased it from a reputable nursery, so I wouldn't think it's invasive.

I'm looking for a fragrant bush to plant along our lot line with the neighbor. Something to attract hummingbirds would be nice as well. I have a bed in place with 3 Hawthorne trees. There is plenty of room for bushes and flowers. The lot line is also a swale line for drainage, we're on the side of a hill. Because of this, this area can get a lot of water during thunderstorms. Our clay soil will really hang on to that moisture. We'll need something that can tolerate the moisture.

I was hoping to find a honeysuckle bush because my wife really likes the smell. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ace1rush

Comments (3)