Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

What's in flower and fragrant for you this month?

meyermike_1micha
10 years ago

I guess I'll start with a few pics of some of mine before I have to bring them in for the season.
Can you believe it's already almost time to face codl weather? Sheesh!

I am not good at naming my plants, but if anyone ever needs to know, I'll tell you if you ask...:-)

MY FAVORITE! perfect form and what a fragrance...

{{gwi:808673}}

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 20:15

Comments (14)

• tolip
    10 years ago

Nice flowers!!

Yes I do need the names of the last two plants(4 pictures).

I have a Tabernaemontana holstii and the leaves are huge quite different from yours.

• kemistry
    10 years ago

My Tabernaemontana holstii has 2 tiny buds. I cannot wait to smell them. Mine is the minature version like Mike's. I think yours, Tolip, is the giant form.

• fragrant2008
    10 years ago

My maid of Orleans is coming int flower still a small plant

A very fragrant cattleya

and odomtdglossum corocidipteram

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ooh..Everything looks so inviting!@@!

Loving the fragrance from here everyone!

Just think, it will be winter soon for us and some of us will still be whaffing these beauties while it's snowing out..lol

Mike

• blutayle
    10 years ago

Ahhh....the amazing smell of brunfelsia gigantea filling the night yard....nothing like it

• ordphien
    10 years ago

New zygo.
    Grey purple, and green back petals. and a bright blue purple lip. Beautiful fragrance.

• ordphien
    10 years ago

New zygo.
    Grey purple, and green back petals. and a bright blue purple lip. Beautiful fragrance.

{{!gwi}}

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Hedychium coronarium (white butterfly ginger). It's been blooming since late August. Definitely one of my favorite scents. Love smelling it wafting around the backyard.

-Robert

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

Had a magnolia sieboldii bloom this week. Sorry guys I didn't take any pics but just wanted to share it has a very unique scent. Smells kinda earthy with hints of mint. Kinda pleasant actually.

This one is a very small magnolia and the flower is only a little bit larger than m figo. I believe my was grown from seed and it flowered at about 2.5 ft.

This post was edited by musaboru on Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 4:03

• ordphien
    10 years ago

That ginger looks gorgeous. Wish I could find some.

My mini gardenia ( radicans) is blooming. Eventually I want this to become an indoor bonsai. But for now I'm just growing it out.
    This bloom is very heavy on the coconut scent.

• true_blue
    10 years ago

Actaea (Cimicifuga) racemosa

Rosemary Harkness rose

Sweet Chariot

• fenius
    10 years ago

Hey guys, I'm back in town finally!! I missed you all, this is a delightful yet shamefully short thread for half a month!! I'm going to see what I can find in my balconies- not much I'm afraid..

• fenius
    10 years ago

Hey Musa, I was thinking of buying some rare magnolia seeds this year then decided not to! Would you share how you sprout them and how long it takes approximately? I lost my sieboldii to this year's heat wave along with some other favourites..But, enough with the drama, here are my poor september blooms, some not fragrant but I'm including them to fill out the season!
    Colchicum

ipomoea alba

..aka moonflower, but couldn't focus on both!

my only remaining spring cutting

cyclamen coum

Jasmin from chios island I believe someone asked about it a while ago but can't find the thread, anyway I believe it is J. grandiflorum basically

• Ruby Chang
    10 years ago

Hi Mike,

YOUR PLANTS ARE SO WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what is the last plant that is quoted: "MY FAVORITE! perfect form and what a fragrance... "?

So incredibly jealous!

Ruby