Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whitejade_gw

moving plants to improve fragrance

whitejade
18 years ago

I have loved fragant plants of all types for many years - one thing I've noted personally is that sometimes a plant will be more or less fragrant depending on where exactly one puts them.

This summer that was really driven home to me because I'd bought a Sweet Chariot miniature rose - it arrived in the mail and as soon as I unwrapped it was treated to about 4 blooms of the most incredible fragrance! I was pretty excited, thinking how glorious this rose smelled - but ever since planting it, it's been non-fragrant. Almost totally.

I know that sometimes a plant will be listed as fragrant but will not perform , and maybe it was a lackluster seedling or soemthing - but in my case, I KNOW this plant can produce incredible scented flowrs because I've smelled them - it's just not doing that (and it has rebloomed now about 4 times from when I first planted it so it is well over the planting shock) . I've moved plants around and found that this Did in fact help them somehow, so I will be doing that for this Sweet Chariot too. In all other ways this rose is really strong!

Anyone else have such an experience?

Comment (1)