Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No fragrance Night Blooming Jasmine

Posted by gardenscents 8 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 7, 11 at 9:23

LOADED with flowers - no fragrance. Why? I have more flowers than leaves almost - growing happily in a pot on my pool deck - no smell at all. Is it me?

RuthAnne in SC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No fragrance Night Blooming Jasmine

Hi RuthAnne!

Just to make sure we're talking about the same plant you are referring to Cestrum nocturnum, right?
And I'm assuming you're going out at night to try and catch its legendary scent?
If yes to both those questions then it seems very odd indeed.
Is this a plant that you've had and have been able to smell before?
I have one in my front yard that is finally covered in blooms and I could smell it around 8:30pm down the block as I was walking home with the dog. It's the first time for it to bloom all summer and I'm delighted.
Hopefully someone might be able to give you a solution!

-Robert

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here