Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please ID this fragrant plant

Posted by olympia_gardener 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 10:47

I received this plant as a cutting from a friend many years ago. I was told it is a Chinese medicine plant that has anti inflammation property. It is a vine and its flower is very fragrant. Would anyone here help me to identified this plant so I can give it a proper name. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please ID this fragrant plant

possibly Polygonum aubertii , or Chinese fleece vine?

o

Hi, Leah, thanks... I googled Polygonum Aubertii, very close, but not it. Polygonum Aubertii is supposed to be hardy to zone 4. This one is not hardy, and is not woody vine. Its vine will all turn soft ( like sweet potato vines) when it is below freeze temp. I have to bring it inside for the winter time. It is very drought resistant.

o

To add a little more information. I know this plant can be eaten as veggie... I have never tried. This plant grow small bubblet/small pea size ball shape thingies at where the joint of stem and leaves. I think it can be propagated using this little ball shape thingies. very resilient plant.

Its flowers smell like lilac and honeysuckle... very nice and pleasant .

o

Flowers remind me of Acalypha...Toni

o

I finally found out it is Anredera cordifolia.
Thanks all for the help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here