Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
misskittycat1

I think my fern smells!!!

misskittycat1
18 years ago

...I bought a tagless little 2-inch potted fern a few years ago from Wal-mart. I wish I had a picture of it but I will try to describe it, maybe that will do. It's fluffy,lacey,very light green and I've noticed that last week the leaves had become even lighter and almost transluscient(sp) like it needs water. I've watered, moved it (and screamed a little when a lizard scampered up my arm, across my face, onto my hair and then leapt into the fern that was by then only a few feet behind me...)(then went to change into something dry...) to a different wall - a little less sun - and noticed (amid the heavy breathing caused by the little beast) the fragrance of star jasmine. I do have some S.J., but it's in the backyard.I cupped some fronds in one hand and sniffed and bingo! The longest fronds are about 18 inches long and 5 inches wide at the widest point. The leaves are tiny,uneven edges. It's grown into a good-size pretty fern over the few years I've had it. My moma had one (sure do miss her...) and she called it a Fluffy Duffy? But I never remember her's having a scent. Any ideas or help or even a picture would be great and much appreciated. Thanks and I think I need a nap...............And where's that lazy-good-for-nothing cat?! :) Nancy

Comments (4)