Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dracaena Sanderiana

Posted by jostus 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 13:55

Has anyone had a lucky bamboo (Dracaena Sanderiana) Bloom? Apparently the flowers are very attractive and intensely fragrant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dracaena Sanderiana

Here is a useful link

http://flowersinsingapore.blogspot.com/2006/05/dracaena-sanderiana-unusual-flower.html

o

oh wow I didn't know that it has fragrant flowers! Okay time to start pampering my Lucky bamboo at home. Lol. Thanks for the information! : )

o

I had lucky bamboo many times in my life, I have never known it blooms. Good to know it. Thanks for the information. Next time, I will keep it when it gets too big. I also have Ti plant which I love its leaves' color. It is nice to know that Ti flowers too, once in a blue moon.

o

I am glad to see there are others just as excited about this as I am ...my lucky bamboo is a five foot plant potted in soil...It was in a tucked away spot away from the other plants but as soon as I found out that it's capable of producing such exquisite fragrant flowers, It went straight to the window sill :D

o

it might be that many of the dracena genus are fragrant.
this one (commonly called "corn plant" as a houseplant) is d. fragrans, i believe. i took these photos several years ago when someone at my office had a huge one that reached the ceiling (about 10') and flowered! it was so strong that many coworkers were complaining about the intense fragrance and the owner removed it and took it home. i never had seen one flower before.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
on a side note, have you seen a jade plant flower? i had not until my friend's plant started doing this.
Photobucket
Photobucket
these are not fragrant but add to the appeal of the plant, i think.

o

Wow, Jeff. There are a lot of I don'r know of for sure. I am so glad that I am in this forum. I had Corn plant for years till I tired of it. It is very common house plant. I have never known it blooms and has strong fragrance! Does any one know what make it bloom or make the lucky bamboo bloom? I do not mind get one to try but I am worried it might act like real bamboo-- only blooms every like 50 years! Can't wait that long! I have a TI plant with nice fuchsia red color, does any one here know if it blooms as well and has fragrant flowers by chance??

o

I heard that once a corn plant starts blooming it will bloom every year. A few years back the corn plant at my local coffee shop bloomed and boy, it was super fragrant! The scent was very nice too.

o

Another very fragrant houseplant that most people are surprised about is Sansevieria..ordinary snake plant. Mine sits on an east facing window all year round.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here