Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jasmine

Posted by SummerFarm 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 14:20

I purchased a jasmine in August of this year (2012)and re-potted it. It never really bloomed and had some trouble adjusting. It had lots of new growth and we brought it inside for the season.
It now is residing in a South-facing window - lots of light. There appears to be some new growth but a good portion of the larger leaves have turned yellow and fallen off.
HELP, what can I do to save my jasmine?
Thank You,
Alli

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jasmine

Do you have the botanical name for the plant? It looks to me like night blooming jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum) which isn't really a jasmine at all.
If it is then it's a tough plant and should come back.
I would keep growing it in the sunny window and let the soil dry a bit between waterings.

-Robert

Here is a link that might be useful: Is this your jasmine?

o

I believe so - thank you so much.
Will do...

o

Yay! I hope it blooms for you soon. The scent is quite powerful at night...just F.Y.I. :)

-Robert

o

Yeah that's a Cestrum nocturnum to my eyes also. Did you keep the soil too wet? That looks like a severed died back. You can tell when a cestrum needs more water --it'll look droopy -- but after a good drink of water it'll perk back up right away. I would keep it a bit on the dry side now that the cool weather is here.

Agreed with Robert; it'll bounce back because it is a super vigorous plant.

o

My jasmine was also not growing, I added aluminium sulphate in soil(even before checking ph as it was already dying)and it started growing. Now I have bought a ph meter to monitor it's ph and check the ph of other plants soil too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here