Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do YOU buy fragrant plants?

Posted by cweathersby NE TX 7b/8a (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 10, 05 at 15:06

I'm on a search for some fragrant plants but I don't know where to buy them.
Where have you found the biggest selection or best prices or most reasonable shipping costs?
I shop Forest Farm often, but they don't have any Michellias, and it makes me wonder what else they don't have ...
Carrie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do YOU buy fragrant plants?

• Posted by JimShy z7 Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 12, 05 at 12:34

Michelias?

There are a couple of excellent nurseries in South Carolina, send me an email and I'll give you their websites.

Jim

o

Gardino's nusery is the best I have found so far. I have ordered several plants from them and all have arrived in great cond. I think they were hit pretty hard by Wilma but Im sure they will be taking more orders when normal mail service returns. You can google their name or send me an email Ill give you the website.

o

Thanks Heavinsent, I'll google their name.

o

I like Flower Scent Gardens. The owner, Glenn, searches for the most fragrant of each kind of flower. Last I knew, he was planning to put out a smaller list this year--something about health problems in his family, plus it sounds like he had to deal with some very unkind people this year. But hopefully things have smoothed out. Even a smaller list will be worth your time.

Everything he has sent me has been very healthy, and the packing is extremely well done. Good prices too. I've ordered from him for years.

The plant list is not your same 'ol same 'ol. Some of the things he carries are not available anywhere else.

Jennifer

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower Scent Gardens

o

I just checked out Flower scent gardens, and looks like they have some great fragrant plants. I decided I'm not going crazy buying more roses this year, but am adding hummingbird attracting plants and fragrant flowers to my gardens. I will definitely be ordering from Flower scent gardens. Thanks for posting the link Jenn.

Maureen

o

I second the recommend on Flowerscent gardens. I have ordered for a couple of yrs and Glenn's plants and seeds are the best!

Bluestone Perennials and ForestFarm are 2 others that I order from a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here