Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Yahoo. Once again my Brunfelsia is about to flower!

meyermike_1micha
12 years ago

This is about the 6th time I have gotten flowers all over this one since the spring, but this is about the most I have ever gotten at once and during the cold weather!~

Please, take a peek!

{{gwi:675743}}

{{gwi:675744}}

{{gwi:675750}}

{{gwi:675752}}

Mike

Comments (7)

• kemistry
    12 years ago

How much sunlight does yours usually get Mike? :)

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Kemistry: How have you been? Good to see you:-)

Well, at this time of the year, it is in my small greenhouse which only gets about 2 hours of sun and the rest just daylight.

In November until March when I bring them Inside, I keep them in the warmest part of the house in winter in front of a small south facing window.

Outside all summer, I keep them in just morning sun and daylight after that. Mine never see full all day sun and I feed it consistently with 1/4 strength fertilizer which I think might be the key. By nature, their leaves want to yellow very rapidly if not fed and the amount of flowers in minimal. When I constantly feed them, their leaves stay a nice green and they flower continually. I can't wait for the plant to flower out within the next few days.

Mike

• kemistry
    12 years ago

Mike, I've been feeding mine 1/4 tsp of FP too. Mine has been growing taller but no buds on it yet, i think i just need to be more patient.

Have your Michelia alba bloomed yet? I'm always looking forward to see your pictures, please post more when you have the time. :)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    12 years ago

Congratulations, Mike!

You've got so many buds. I bet your house will smell wonderful soon!
    Thanks for the fertilizing tips.
    Yesterday I noticed a flower bud developing at the very tip of one of the branches on my B. gigantea. This will be the first time it's flowered so I'm very excited!

-Robert

• mrao77
    12 years ago

Nice flowers, Mike. Keep them growing :)
    ooohhhhh! I am drooling! LOL!!
    I wish my Stepanotis would bloom someday...thats another story :(

• ladylotus
    12 years ago

Mike you have so many buds on your Brunfelsia. The flowers look pretty large. Glad you were able to get your plant to bloom.

Will you heat your greenhouse over the winter months?

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey everyone! How are you?

Lady: I am not sure on that. It depends on my finaces. I would love too but energy costs are just ridicoulos!
    Thanks

Mrao: Thank you. I love this plant. I think it blooms more than it grows..lol I wish you success on your Steph!

Hey Robert! How are you?
    Anytime. Please let me share teh excitement with yours once it flowers. Let us all know in fact. I hope it does well for you. I will tell you that these plants are always hungry. Make sure you keep them on the full side.lol

Kemistry: What's up? I too love your plants. You have shared soem really nice ones here and I wish more often actually!
    My Michelia Alba has yet to bloom and I hope it does real soon. You will be the first to know:-)
    Thank you so much for being around as well as everyone else.

Mike