Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fragrant plants underneath my bedroom window

Posted by tishsparr Zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 15:41

I am in need of help. I am in zone 5 and have a wonderful space underneath my bedroom window. It receives afternoon sun and I would say is a partial shade area. I would love to plant a fragrant garden so that when the windows are open in Spring and early Fall, we can smell the lovely flowers.

Here is what I planted last year, but got no aroma from the garden. I planted the boomerang lilac bush and several Hyacinth right below the window.

Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks

Tish

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fragrant plants underneath my bedroom window

My suggestion would be......

-Hosta or two depending on the space. Part shade how about a fragrant Hosta, my favorite for leaf color that is fragrant is "Fragrant Bouquet", (very pretty leaves)
"Aphrodite Hosta" - the leaves are just a plain green but the white flowers are huge and the fragrance is awesome.
-Oriental Lilies - You can purchase LA and they have a soft fragrance and bloom June.
-Roses (non fussy little things) - These are mini-ground cover type roses.
Oso Easy Hunny Bun
Sunny Knock out Rose
-Daffodils a fragrant bulb you could add for Spring.

That is all I can think of for Spring and Fall.

o

Thanks for the suggestions, not sure why I didn't think of Hostas.

o

I was out doing some yard work today and remembered my Mock Orange. It is not a large bush and blooms Late Spring the fragrance is my second favorite to the Lilac.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here